Below are the Guidelines followed in developing data entities in projects360,
1. Example for naming convention –
- Model – FinancialsBI (New package) (ISV)
- Entity – FNBI_CustTransEntity
- Staging – FNBI_CustTrans
2. Exposing all fields including system fields in the table except for container fields, follow the naming as field name post fixed with underscore for system generated fields. Example: “RecId_”
3. Entity Properties :
- Label : Staging table name
- Is Read only : Yes
- Primary Company context : blank – so it will export data across all legal entities.
- Primary Key: Entity Key (Explained below)
- Tags : update view according to the FACT/Dimension it is being used
- Configuration key : Match configuration key with the table
- Data Management Enabled : Yes
- Is public : No
4. Primary Key : Named as “EntityKey” with “RecId_” as only field in the index.
5. Ensure there are no table joins. Depending on how the entity is created, there are scenarios where the system will automatically add joins to related tables.